Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a conversation

Yesterday Link ran to the bathroom yelling that he was going to throw-up, well, he made it to the bathroom but that was all.  Nothing was spared.  I got Link in the tub and as I was cleaning throw-up off the floor, walls, cabinets, hamper, tub, anything in the 10 ft radius, Link and I had the following conversation.

Lincoln: "I'm just sorry I did that, Mom."
Me: "Don't be sorry, you couldn't help it, it will be alright I had to clean this bathroom anyway."
Lincoln: "What would happen if Dad had been walking by when I threw up?"
Me: "Well, I would probably be cleaning up two throw-ups, yours and Dad's."
Lincoln: "I know, sometimes it's hard being a mom, huh."
Me: (laughing) "Yes, yes it is.  But I love you so it's all good"

Here he is before his surgery, he really wanted a photo of the cool free socks that he got. :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Poor guy, he is pretty cute with those socks on though. I hope he's feeling better now.

Sarah said...

And Jackson's, had he been walking down the hall with dad. You are a good woman.

Love, Deborah said...

Ha! Sarah you are totally right!! I heard Jack gag and I just yelled "Jack get in my room!!" I am so happy I only had one mess to clean!! :) He is doing much better today, thanks girls!

Jess said...

This may be a dumb question, but why did he have surgery?

Love, Deborah said...

Hey Jess, that is not a dumb question! He had a hole in his ear drum that was about 75% of his ear drum so he had to get a skin graft and get a new ear drum. We are hoping it will help him hear better! :)