Saturday, March 7, 2009

stopped to paint a picture

So, last Wednesday started out like any other day that Link and I sit down to paint rocks.  Then I was inspired and I painted a tree.  Now, no laughing, I have never really painted anything for real before and if you laugh it might be the end of my painting career, do you really want to be held responsible for that?  I hope not, because I really liked painting, even if I am not that good.   I painted the first one for Link and then Jack wanted one so I did the other for him.  They are both on 16x20 canvas.

8 comments:

Julie Kohler said...

Are you kidding? I love those, especially the way the "light" is in the 2nd one. This coming from the girl who has a thing for paintings of paths and dirt roads...
Happy little trees, thay make me smile. )

Erin said...

Both of those pictures are beautiful.

Jess said...

Don't laugh?! What's there to laugh at? They look amazing!

The Leithead Family said...

i think they are beautiful! you are an artist, plain and simple. whether with a camera or a paintbrush. I definitely think you should keep painting!!

Love, Deborah said...

aww you nice girls make me want to cry I'm so happy! Thank you so much, it was so fun I can't wait to let painting take up my whole kitchen again!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Nice!!! I want to see where you're going with this. If this is the begining, WHAT the crap is at the END!?! I love it.

Dana said...

Now I know what I want for my birthday! LOL Awesome work Deb,Keep it up! dana

lynburbidge said...

Once again, I am jealous of your talent.